Friday, August 28, 2009

Steele Universe

Two times in the last few months I have attempted to begin a blog. Both times I failed at keeping it up. As they say, the third time is the smack on the head with a clown hammer. I have looked around my area for a new writers group and have come up empty. So, guess what? You are it! If you are ready, then let's go.




The first thing you will notice about this blog is the bizzaro picture. Yes, it is my eyeball. I took a shot from the Hubble space telescope and used photo suite to insert it into the pupil. Why did I choose this picture to represent my blog? As cliché as it may sound, the eyes ARE the windows to the soul.



I have spent a lot of time the last week gazing up at the stars. Having procured a puppy for my son on the weekend after school started, the task of crate training has fallen to me. Of course this means hauling my sleepy ass out to let her tinkle every two hours. The happy side affect of this tortuous routine has been many hours of thoughtful reflection while pondering the vastness of the universe….and cursing the dog of course.



It boggles the mind to consider that every one of those tiny dots holds secrets we have yet to learn. Do the laws of physics that we are so hung up on even apply out there? Some say definitely, but I say life is not black and white. It is always a mysterious shade of glimmering silver. I say to those who doubt the endless possiblities- we used to believe with great conviction that the world was flat. Nuff said.



This brings me full circle to the reason I have titled my blog as I have. There are two reasons. The first is that, in my former radio life, I went by the name Martha Steele.

I chose this at the time because I had a girly crush on Pierce Brosnan who was starring in the show, Remmington Steele. The reason I have chosen to use it again all these years later, is that it still suits me all these years later, but for much different reasons.



If you were to describe my personality, my philosophy, and my past, they have all been varying shades of gray. I have chosen, instead of seeing gray as a negative to ad some sparkle and embrace it. Perfection? Pahhhh! I love being flawed because it is what has made me a unique member of the human race.



So there you have it, two explanations, both strange, and tied up neatly with a bow.  Admit it, you thought I was just rambling randomly!



Keeping it Sharp,

Thasteele

No comments:

Post a Comment